It’s here! The Mother of All Piers. The MOAP.
Next level engineering brings you the stiffest, most stable permanent observatory custom telescope piers available. It’s all about deflection and MOAPs have 3x to 20x less deflection than other telescope piers on the market. Much more rigidity and greatly reduced movement mean superior performance, higher capacity, and dependable handling of critical tasks while still competitively priced.
Completely customized to your specific mounts and desired pier height. MOAPs can be prepped for existing anchor bolts if you already have a foundation. Alternate configurations, such as equatorial piers, are also available.
All piers include FEA results.
Directly attach your telescope mount or adapter to the Mount Plate pre-drilled and tapped for your equipment.
Future proof telescope pier for heavier payloads and smaller pixel scales. Easily move the MOAP telescope pier when you move. Using multiple mounts on a single MOAP is a simple, quick change out.
Take the guesswork out of pier installation with CNC anchor bolt templates and Base Plate slots with 10 degree adjustability for precision PA. Fast, easy pier leveling at the base while keeping the pier off the concrete eliminates the need for undesirable flexing top plate leveling. ($4m wind turbines do it the same way.)
Superior cable management inside the MOAP telescope pier. Standard room for two 1-1/2″ plus two 3/4″ conduits.
MOAP 43 Series telescope pier heights from 31″ to 43″ and deflections from only 0.226 arcsec to 0.384 arcsec. (36″ & 43″ heights are stocked)
MOAP 64 Series telescope pier heights from 44″ to 64″ and deflections less than 0.398 arcsec.
All MOAP telescope piers feature:
- Powder coated steel pier body and Mount Plate. Pre-drilled for your specific mount or adapter. Pipe: ASTM A500 Grade B, 46,000 psi yield, 58,000 psi tensile. Plate: ASTM A36, 36,000 psi yield, 58,000 psi tensile.
- Stainless steel Mount Plate fasteners: ASTM F879 alloy group 1, condition CW, 65,000 psi yield, 125,000 psi tensile. ASTM A380/A380M finish. 4,940# clamp load.
- Anchor Kits take the problems out of installation. CNC template and eight 5/8″ hot-dipped galvanized anchor bolts: ASTM A36/A36M & ASTM F1554 Grade 36, A563 grade A, ASTM A153. 36,000 psi yield, 58,000 psi tensile. 14,400# clamp load.
- Step-by-step installation guide (how to easily nail pier alignment, cast the anchor bolts, level the pier, properly torque bolts, etc.)
- Concrete Foundation Design and Installation Guide: How to get the most of what you put in the ground. Included with your MOAP and may also be purchased separately. Click Here
- Customer support on your schedule. We are here to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Lifetime structural warranty.